- 2 cups pastry flour (300g by weight)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly ground)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup persimmon pulp (from 2-3 persimmons)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- Cream the butter with the sugar in a mixer
- Add persimmon pulp, egg, and vanilla to the mixer
- Add flour mixture slowly, 1/8th at a time, and wait for the mixture to look wet again before adding more.
- Run the mixer on high for 2 minutes (this is to fold in some air)
- Dish onto waiting for cookie sheets. (I used a #40 Disher)
- Bake for 14-16 mins, the cookies should have a darker color but will still look soft.
- Let cool on pan for 5 mins. (Don’t skip this, you will tear the cookies up trying.)
- Move to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- Optional: Top with Orange Glaze or Vanilla Glaze.